Sunday 5 August 2018

The Rigged Claw Machines at the Mall Arcade by Alyssa Trivett

by Mike Mozart

The sign reads AIM HERE
as utensil claw tongs friend zone
a plushy fish,
barely chalk outlining its fin.
My nine credits on my reloadable card
deduct double.
Instead,
I dance sideways with another machine,
walking out with a plush sushi.
A young couple asks how I was able to win it,
I replied; gunned it to its side,
got it to rollover and stand up,
swiped at it and let it fall
into my winner’s circle bin,
like dominoes.


*****

Alyssa Trivett is a wandering soul from the Midwest. Her work has recently appeared at In Between Hangovers, Apricity Magazine and The Rye Whiskey Review. She can be reached at facebook.com/alyssalovestowrite

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. These images are absolutely incredible, no wonder Alyssa Trivett is in 2 of my 3 poetry anthologies. If I had known of her earlier, she would have been in all 3.

      Delete
  2. I will post this poem on my Facebook Groups so all my members can enjoy this wonderful contemporary poet.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.