Thursday 29 May 2014

Syncopation by Christina Murphy

Come before
the revolution
is over!

Archipelago / Archipelagone

Oh my my, oh my my
it’s guaranteed to keep you alive

The island chain is the heart’s
favorite boogie and slide

The longing that brings tears
is the on-beat and off-beat

of an empty chamber seeking
to be filled with rhythm and groove

Whisper before you enter so that
everyone can hear you and open
the gates to the future

Oh my my, oh my my
there are so few tempos left

and even fewer clocks that
show how quickly time ticks and talks

Narcissus knew the rhythm of the pond
and the upbeat  / downbeat of the illusion

It’s got a backbeat, you can’t lose it
Oh my my!

Christina Murphy is an American writer who lives in Huntington, West Virginia. Her most recent work appears in the anthology Let the Sea Find Its Edges edited by the noted Australian poet, Michael Fitzgerald-Clarke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.